The first step is to define the structure of your content. Collections are the containers for your data in StorageRoom and contain many Fields, where each Field is similar to a column in a table. Many different Field Types are available and each Field has a large number of input and validation options.1 2 3 4 5 6
- Add a new Field to the Collection. A popup with further details will be shown where you can select the Field you need.
- Toggle Field details to change Field settings or get an overview over all configured Fields.
- Each tab contains further configuration options for a Field.
- Reorder your Fields or remove one altogether at any time, even after the Collection has been created.
- Configure Webhooks and notify your own or third-party servers on content changes.
- Access all your Collections and their Entries at any time through the sidebar.
You configured the Collection, now you - or any editor you invite - can add Entries to it in an easy-to-use web interface. Each Field that you configured earlier will be shown according to your input preferences and its validation rules will be checked.1 2 3 4 5
- Editors can see which parts of the Entry are invalid and correct the data accordingly.
- Enter plain text or use a more advanced HTML or Markdown editor to enter your text.
- Add hints for your editors to any input field.
- Upload a high-resolution image and thumbnails in custom sizes and formats are generated automatically (e.g. @2x, @1x).
- Search for locations, drag the marker on the map or enter coordinates manually.
Update or add new Entries at any time and your applications will show the updated content instantly. Manage your content in a central online repository instead of fiddling with many spreadsheets.1 2 3 4 5
- Sort your Entries by any Field to find what you're looking for.
- Click a row to see an Entry's details or directly remove or edit it.
- See which Entries got trashed and which Webhook calls were made to your servers.
- Preview attached images in a lightbox on the same page.
- Developers can always access the currently displayed data in the RESTful API by clicking on the JSON preview button.
Administrators can see and modify any content in your Account. You don't want everybody to be an administrator that sees all the data? You want to limit access for an Application? Create Roles with permissions and assign them to your Users and Applications.1 2 3 4
- Define Roles for Users and Applications.
- Set a name and a description for your your Role.
- Define if a User can manage all or only his own Entries.
- Grant different permissions to the Entries in each Collection.
Pull the data from our CMS into your web or mobile applications with our RESTful API. Load content on demand or sychronize it for offline usage. Our API is very easy to use in any programming language, but we even offer open-sourced libraries that simplify integration further. In addition to mobile apps you can use the content on any HTML website.1 2 3 4
- Developers play with our API in preview mode and can search or order content according to their requirements.
- Develop applications that use the StorageRoom backend for content management.
- Use one of our open source libraries to speed up development even further.
- Access content from your apps on any platform.
You are an agency and want to impress your customers with a great CMS on a custom domain (e.g. cms.myageny.com) with your own branding? We got you covered, this is setup in minutes.1 2 3 4
- Use your own or your client's corporate identity. Change the logo and the looks of the CMS.
- Configure StorageRoom to be accessible on any custom domain name.
- Export your data at any time if you ever want to leave us again.
- Got Questions? We have great support and you can chat with us directly from the website.